Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Tribute to Bill Worthen, Sr.

Pictured is a Great Planes Big Stick 40 from the estate of Bill Worthen Sr. I took this photo yesterday at the field after I had several flights (my first on this plane) and it was a joy to fly. The Saito 65 four stroke engine although "long in the tooth" ran quite well and powered the Stick nicely. The Saito brand was certainly Bill's favorite engines. This combination of airplane and engine will make a great sport flyer addition to my hanger.

On the wing is Bill's club hat that I proudly wore to honor him.

I was the only one at the field because I arrived late in the afternoon. I took advantage of the beautiful weather and light winds. Someone, who was flying earlier Saturday, left a T-handle hex wrench on one of the flight stands. Contact me to claim your wrench.
Found hex wrench

3 comments:

  1. Marlowe, Congratulations on the great flight of Bill's Stick.....I wish I had been there to witness this neat event, but I had to leave the field earlier around 12:30 PM or so to attend my grandsons Florence High School state football playoff game. I also spotted that wrench earlier that morning and left it there on the benches for the proper owner to recover it...some of the guys think it belongs to perhaps Steve Stafford, but I am not certain of that either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlowe, thanks for the great pic and comments on Dads plane. I am glad, as well as he would be, that you are enjoying it. I have to of his planes now hanging in my garage. Not able to fly them yet. Don't think my eyes would stay clear enough. Thanks to all of the club members for being a big part of his life.

    Bill Jr.

    ReplyDelete